Tuesday, December 21, 2010

One Month China Part 2

Part 1

My one month in China was really a blast. Dalian was already a beautiful city to start exploring the country. But thanks to my work, I was given a few chances to see Beijing.

I was really excited when I heard the news from my boss that I'll be spending 2 days in Beijing to process my visa. The first thing that came to my mind was the Great Wall and of course the well known Forbidden City.

I was really impress with Beijing. I never thought it to be so modern although you can still see some old Chinese from here and there. The very first thing I really really like in Beijing was their Subway system. Most of the tourist spots can be reached through it. The next one, it's cheap! As of this moment, you can travel from one side to the other for just 2 Yuan, roughly around 13.5 Philippine Pesos or  a third of the US dollar.



After doing some work related stuffs, we went directly to Tienanmen Square which was too crowded because it was a holiday in China during that time. And believe me, don't bother visiting China during holidays.    Tienanmen is a famous landmark linked to Mao Zedong and the cultural revolution. It's also the world's largest public square.




One of the reasons why we decided to go to Tienanmen Square first was because it's actually located at the one end, to the south specifically, of the Forbidden city. But too bad, we still don't have enough time so we just have some fun taking some portrait snapshots with the entrance at the background.



Marvelous Architecture, I bet a lot better inside!!!
Another reason is that I already know that going to Bird's Nest during sunset/night would be better. And besides the Forbidden city also closes early and that the Olympic Village is open at night. Check the pictures and see for yourself why you should visit it the same time we did. :D







Woah! This is too long already, I guess I'll just post my next visit to Beijing on my next blog..
Sorry for showing my photos but I use this blog to show it too my family too.. hahahah.. PEACE!

No comments:

Post a Comment