Monday, November 22, 2010

My Everyday Camera

I really like the quote

"The best camera is the one with you".

But after a few years of using a digital SLR, I find them too bulky for everyday use. I started looking for a compact camera which could give me a decent image quality with some options of manual adjustments. There are tons of cameras to choose from, but only a few got my attention. So right now am choosing from the following cameras:

1. Panasonic LX5
2. Canon S95
3. Canon G12
4. Samsung EX1

These are very good cameras, good enough for most situations. Choosing the best one depends on your priorities, that is portability, focal length, opening, video and price.. I do think image quality on these cameras are the same unless you pixel peep which I bet most of us don't that's why I didn't put it on the list of priorities.

Am leaning towards LX5 because of its great video features which might be useful. I would have gone over S95 for its portability but the lack of hot shoe is a big deal for me plus the wide lens. I do like to do some landscapes and studio or controlled lighting from time to time..

One thing  I don't like about Lumix cameras is their out of camera(OOC) pictures. I like Canon's color over the Lumix that's why the G12 is still on my list. And I do love those external controls if not only for the 24mm F2 lens of the LX5.

Right on time, my friend just recently published his review of the highly anticipated Panasonic LX5. He was a previous owner of the older model, LX3, which was one of the best point and shoot before.. I think even now.. :)

You can read his entire review here

But the prices of these cameras are too steep right now.. Hopefully I get to have one of these soon! If not I'll settle down with the TZ series which might cost below US$200.. ;D

Maybe I should have bought that US$77 Canon A495 on sale.. hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment